Chile Driver's License Guideline or Requirments - Free cancellation

Driver's License in Chile

If your driver’s license is not in English or doesn’t have a stamped photograph, an International Driving Permit (IDP) is required. Please note that the IDP is only a translation and you must bring your original driver’s license with you.

For driving licenses from countries not part of the international driver's license treaty, an official translation of the license in English must be presented with the original license.

The license should be held for at least 1 or 2 years (find out more in Terms and Conditions during the booking process) with no major endorsements.

Customers with UK Driver's Licenses issued in Great Britain (except Northern Ireland) will need to provide evidence of any driving endorsements. You can get and print the DVLA endorsement record on the DVLA* website. This also applies if you have a paper license that was issued before 1998. UK drivers with the new-style photo card license will need both the paper counterpart and photo card. UK license holders who have a paper license only will also need an official photo for identification.

If you hold a Driver's Licence issued in Vietnam, you need to present the original license together with an authorized translation issued by the Vietnamese Ministry of Transport. If both documents are presented at time of rental these licenses are acceptable worldwide.

Age Requirement

In Chile, most car hire companies require a minimum age of 21 (age may vary by car category and company). Some companies require a maximum age of 75 (find out more in Terms and Conditions). If you're under 21-25, you are likely to have to pay a young driver fee. If you're 65 or older, you may have to pay a senior driver fee.

*Attention! Some car rental companies would have different requirements. Please check Terms and Conditions during the booking process.

Make Reservation Now